[AccessD] Wake up Call Program

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:08:11 CST 2004

In the ontimer event for an open form, have some code that checks the
current time against your trigger time. If it's not past that time, exit the
timer event. Something like this;

    If Now() < dtNextUpdate Then
        Me!txtMessage = "Next automatic update will be attempted in " &
DateDiff("n", Now(), dtNextUpdate) & " minutes at " & Format(dtNextUpdate,
"h:nn:ss")
        Me.Repaint
        GoTo Exit_Form_Timer
    End If

After this If statment, put your code to make the call.  And you may also
want to calculate the next trigger time and store that someplace so you
don't keep calling over and over.

And just don't call ME with it!

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com