[AccessD] Database Security

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jan 17 13:03:23 CST 2004

Hi Gregg

If this is Access 97 you may look up in the archives from 2002-10-01:

  A97 database password

It's quick to set and with the speed of today's machines the users
wouldn't note any difference.

Of course, if the users are allowed to copy files you will need to
move the data off a file which the users can locate. This can be done
by using an SQL engine, moving your app to a terminal server, or I
guess (haven't tried and it may perform too slowly) by opening an
Access database on a remote machine which has attached tables from a
third machine where users cannot log in ...

/gustav