[AccessD] MDB to sql server

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Tue Jan 20 20:41:15 CST 2004

I've found its better in this case to use the upsizing wizard from within
Access 2k, as it seems to handle the native data types of Access better than
importing from DTS.

Make sure you have the Access patch installed first (can't remember what its
called but its available at Office Update - something like a 'readiness
update' or the like).

Still check your primary key and identity fields in SQL afterwards as I
can't recall if there were any other issues..  There may well have been a
couple of options you needed to change during the export process to retain
all constraints.

Cheers,
Andrew