[AccessD] Remove Punctuation

Greg Smith weeden1949 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:05:24 CST 2004

Perry:

That's a good question.  One that the State Recorder's are still wrestling
with since they came up with this stroke of brilliance.  If we leave the
'history' data alone, they'll have to do a 'double search' to make sure they
get every occurance of, say, "Smith, Greg W." if all the current history
stays as it is, and everything after Feb 1 is changed to no punctuation.
They are apparently striving for consistancy in the data, but by doing this,
they are causing inconsistancy to say the least.  And each individual
recorder's office can choose to either change the history or not.  Gives me
a headache just to think about what the result of this is.

But, we'll play if they pay.  Right now they are leaning toward NOT changing
the history.  Sigh.

Methinks it's time for a brewsky...after I get home.  Or more.

Greg