[AccessD] modifying Outlook contact items from Access

Mike & Doris Manning mikedorism at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 23 10:39:08 CST 2004

Have you looked here... http://www.slipstick.com/dev/database.htm

Doris Manning
Database Administrator
Hargrove Inc.
www.hargroveinc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 10:31 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] modifying Outlook contact items from Access

Yes, you can link to Outlook from Access 2000 -- well, I'm sure you can with
Access k2 -- but Outlook has to be the default mail client -- which is the
problem. So, I need code -- and I was hoping there was a way to directly
link to the data via an ADO object or something -- but I haven't been able
to make it work. So, I can import it, change it, and send it back -- but so
far, sending it back hasn't actually updated it in Outlook.

Susan H.

> Um, setup a linked table to an Outlook/Exchange Folder?  What version
> of Access.  It's there by default for A2k (and I would assume later
> versions...) but in 97, you have to download a free Add-in from
> Microsoft.
>
> Drew

:)

> I can import the data into Access, modify it, and send it back to
> Outlook. I'm just wondering if there isn't a more direct route -- it
> would be cool
if
> I could connect an Access form's to a recordset that's connected
> directly
> Outlook -- so the changes in Access would be immediate -- I just don't
know
> if that's possible, or even the best way to go about it.
>
> Susan H.
>

> > Hi Susan
> > Well I cheat. I have a number of Outlook address books some of which
> > are based on Access data. I use a 3rd-party product which each night
> > wipes
out