[AccessD] Copying a file

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Tue Jan 27 13:47:42 CST 2004

You could use the CopyFile API.

Private Declare Function CopyFile Lib "kernel32" Alias "CopyFileA" (ByVal
lpExistingFileName As String, ByVal lpNewFileName As String, ByVal
bFailIfExists As Long) As Long

                    "Gowey Mike W"
                    <Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or       To:     "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
                    .us>                              <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
                    Sent by:                         cc:
                    accessd-bounces at databasead       Subject:     [AccessD] Copying a file
                    visors.com

                    01/27/2004 01:12 PM
                    Please respond to "Access
                    Developers discussion and
                    problem solving"

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone tell me how you would copy a file from one name to another?
I currently have in my application to rename a file by using:

 Name strFileName As strNewName

What I would like to be able to do is copy it to another file name
rather than renaming it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Gowey, MCSA, A+
Team Leader - SRCI