[AccessD] Concatenated stLinkCritria produces Type mismatcher ror.

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jan 27 19:03:57 CST 2004

If it's only once or twice in an app, I also prefer to "avoid stranded
quotes". If there is going to be quite a bit of building such strings, I
prefer to do this:

Function SQuote(BaseString as String)  as String
   SQuote = Chr$(39) & BaseString & Chr$(39)
EndFunction

Function DQuote(BaseString as String)  as String
   DQuote = Chr$(34) & BaseString & Chr$(34)
EndFunction

Then I use:

stLinkCriteria = "[KundenName]=" & SQuote(Me![KundenName]) & " And
[VerbandNr]=" &  Me![VerbandNr]

or

stLinkCriteria = "[KundenName]=" & DQuote(Me![KundenName]) & " And
[VerbandNr]=" &  Me![VerbandNr]

On 27 Jan 2004 at 18:46, Brett Barabash wrote:

> Personally, (and this is simply preference, I'm sure others will argue) I
> prefer also avoiding "stranded" quotes, so
>
> stLinkCriteria = "[KundenName]=" & "'" & Me![KundenName] & "'" & " And
> [VerbandNr]=" & Me![VerbandNr]
>
> Becomes:
>
> stLinkCriteria = "[KundenName]='" & Me![KundenName] & "' And [VerbandNr]=" &
> Me![VerbandNr]
>
> Less string concatenation that way.  The only catch is if your code window
> uses a sans serif font like Arial, Tahoma, etc, the quotes tend to mush
> together making my method less readable.  Otherwise, I find it much easier
> to debug.

Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd
Application Development,  IT Consultancy
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg