[AccessD] Re: Make-table query points to c:\documents and settings?!

bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au bruce_bruen at mlc.com.au
Tue Jan 27 18:52:51 CST 2004

Dont know if I really understand the question here but afaik the db can be
put into the sql string directly as in:

Create table [C:\temp\db1.mdb].t1 (f1  string);

or have I lost the drift?

BB

                      "Robert L. Stewart"
                      <rl_stewart at highstream.ne        To:       accessd at databaseadvisors.com
                      t>                               cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  [AccessD]   Re: Make-table query points to c:\documents and       settings?!
                      accessd-bounces at databasea
                      dvisors.com

                      28/01/2004 06:17
                      Please respond to Access
                      Developers discussion and
                      problem solving

Sander,

What you have to do is open the other database in code.
Then, you can execute the SQL statement to build the
tables you are wanting.  ADO would work fine for this.
The path would be required to open the DB, but not to
create the tables.  All of this has to be done in code
and it has to be done in pure SQL as 2 different SQL
statements.  First to create the table, second to append
the data.  So you actually have to open 2 database objects,
current and remote.  If you need help with the code, let
me know and I will post it to the list.

Robert