[AccessD] Big Modules v. Small Modules

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jul 3 05:26:14 CDT 2004

Hi Arthur

This is not what I recall to have read, which is that by calling any
function from a module the whole module is loaded.

On the other hand, no module is read into memory until one of its
functions is called. This should be one of the arguments for having
multiple modules. Another is that a function can be declared Private
within its module; that would be of no use, however, if a single mumbo
module is used. A third argument is that by having multiple
specialized modules you can easily reuse a module in another
application.

I - and I think most developers - do as you do.

/gustav