[AccessD] Pass Throughs

Mackin, Christopher CMackin at Quiznos.com
Wed Jul 7 10:43:44 CDT 2004

Martin,

You should be able to loop through the query defs and update the .Connect property of all your Pass-Thru's

Here's something I wrote to handle this in the past, you'll want to examine the current .Connect property and modify as needed.  The code below can be used to set to the "new" settings and also used to convert back to production settings:

Sub QDFUpdating(blnSetToNew As Boolean)
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
Dim strConnect As String

If blnSetToNew Then
  strConnect = "ODBC;DSN=AFD_SQL;DATABASE=AFD;Trusted_Connection=Yes"
Else
  strConnect = "ODBC;DSN=AFDStoreData;DATABASE=MFD;Trusted_Connection=Yes"
End If

Set db = CurrentDb
For Each qdf In db.QueryDefs
  If Left(qdf.Connect, 4) = "ODBC" Then qdf.Connect = strConnect
Next qdf

Set qdf = Nothing
Set db = Nothing
End Sub