[AccessD] Query problem

S D accessd667 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 05:41:06 CDT 2004

No that didn't do the trick. The problem is I do NOT know the values! So it's not just the first word (filename could be: customer01.xls, customer02.xls)
It gets the first word, true but it didn't solve the problem.

As mentioned before there are a lot of other fields that need to be displayed...

A real nasty one. I've got some SQL-guru's over here looking at the problem. They've came up with the most exotic things..none of them worked.

I'll have another look at it.

Thanx anyway.

Sander

Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:
Hi Sander

Well, you need the first word of the filename.

Try selecting on

Select Distinct
Left([Filename],
IIf(InStr([Filename]," ")=0,