[AccessD] more on early versus late binding

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 12 13:50:20 CDT 2004

I kind of see the terms early and late -- in Access -- a bit differently
than the way most documentation wants to define them. To me, early just
means the library is referenced, hence the objects are instantiated, but not
being used -- late, the object is instantiated at the time it's needed --
the reference is implicit.

I see a lot of documentation that refer to setting references manually via
the References dialog box as "early" binding, but using the References
collection and object are never mentioned -- however...

Seems to me you're setting the reference and instantiating the objects
without using them, so, to my mind, it's early.

Susan H.

I certainly would call what I did in this respect early binding.

Charlotte Foust