[AccessD] A2K: Error 3343 When I install Backend on server

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Jul 15 21:46:24 CDT 2004

HI Stuart
Thanks for this
I have read and re-read the blurb from M$
I still don't get it.
I have set the permissions on the TEMP folder on my DEV machine to
anyone can do anything they like from anywhere withany logon :-))
Compiled - decompiled and compacted and repaired the DEV version of the
back end whilst it was on my DEV machine

Then I copy this local DEV version of the BE to the server - drop it into
the expected place then try and perform some tasks and now I get
Error 3260 "Could Not Update; currently locked by user '(unknown)' on machine "
It isn't locked at all - like I said I have admin permission on the server. No-one else is looking at
that file at all.
The KB section of MS was useless.
Any suggestions??
I'm starting to get desperate this will halt the deployment of the app due this Monday

Many thanks

Darren