[AccessD] Looping through control names

Bob Gajewski rbgajewski at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 16 12:41:47 CDT 2004

Nancy

Two schools of thought:

1) Let the user complete the form, and then validate it.

PROS: User allowed to input all data at one time, then
	validate entire form at end (during [Save] action
	or when leaving record?).

CONS: During validation, user receives error for EACH
	empty field, corrects it, then validation routine
	must cycle through all controls again.

2) Validate each field as completed using BeforeUpdate().

PROS: User stopped immediately and required to input
	data in empty field before advancing.

CONS: More coding required. Must account for user clicking
	around form, so may also need validation during
	OnBlur event.

Regards,

Bob Gajewski