[AccessD] URGENT!! A2K - form won't load; is code lost??

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Jul 26 10:30:55 CDT 2004

Do you have SR-3 loaded on O2k?  If not, and if you have any 2002 apps
on your machine, or if you're exhanging files between a O2k and an OXP
machine, you may have run into the problem caused by the VBE6.DLL
installed by OXP breaking your 2000 code.  That causes the problem you
are seeing, and it can irreparably toast your code containers.  In that
case, a backup is your only solution.  Loading SR-3 patches the Access
executable so that it can deal with the "updated" vbe6.dll, but it won't
recover one of those damaged mdbs.  I don't have the MSKB article
reference at hand, but it has been discussed before and should be in the
archives.

Charlotte Foust