[AccessD] Query giving different results each time

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Wed Jul 28 10:30:53 CDT 2004

You can shorten it to...

SELECT tblTest.bo_id,
       tblTest.Primary,
       Last(tblTest.pro_cm_seq) AS SEQ,
       Last(tblTest.Phone) AS PHONE_NUMBER,
       Last(tblTest.effdt) AS EFFECTIVE_DATE
FROM tblTest
GROUP BY tblTest.bo_id, tblTest.Primary
HAVING (((tblTest.Primary)=True))
ORDER BY tblTest.bo_id

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Scott Marcus
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:26 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Query giving different results each time

<<This does not filter the correct records.  I only need 1 primary number for
each bo_id...

It sure does work if you run qry2. qry1 is needed for qry2 only and is not intended to be the solution. qry2 is the solution.

Anyway, I have found a query that gives the desired result in one query instead of two and no sub queries are needed...

SELECT tblTest.bo_id,
       tblTest.Primary,
       Last(tblTest.pro_cm_seq) AS SEQ,
       Last(tblTest.Phone) AS PHONE_NUMBER,