[AccessD] Create a Search

Pickering, Stephen Stephen.Pickering at caremark.com
Thu Jul 29 08:09:33 CDT 2004

Virginia,

Have a look at Duane Hookom's DH Query by Form sample database.  It can be
found at (watch for wrapping):

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp

Click on Duane Hookom's name (or scroll down) and click on the link for
"DH Query By Form".  It sounds like it might serve your needs.

HTH,

Steve

-----Virginia Hollis' Original Message-----

Does anyone have an example of creating a report by selecting search
criteria from fields? I had a request today to add a custom report builder
to one of my databases.

Some of the fields will be text where they can enter what they need and
other criteria will be from a combobox, they also want a date range field.
Then! they want to be able to save the criteria for later use.

For example - Document number - text box, Document type will be a
combobox.
I want to know all the documents created during a certain month, quarter,
year, etc.).

I have tried something like this several times, but when it comes to
having
more than one search criteria, I can never seem to make it work - then
adding a date on top of that - well, I am lost.

Thanks,

Virginia