[AccessD] update query using values from a query

Bridget Doran bridgetd at biostat.umn.edu
Wed Jun 2 15:49:50 CDT 2004

Hello again!

I am trying to do an update query updating a table with the values from a
query. I get the message that "Operation must use an updateable query"  so
it won't run. But I am not trying to update the query! I'm just wanting to use the
values from the query to update the table.

Also a weird thing is I tested this with some test tables that had fewer
fields using a query off the table for the update and it worked.

eg > update TBL2 inner join qry_TBL1 ON TBL2.field1 = qry_TBL1.field1 SET
TBL2.field2 = qry_TBL1.field2

This worked but my real one doesn't. The only difference being more
fields.

Any help much appreciated again.

Bridget Doran
Biostatistics Consulting Lab