[AccessD] Set Report Format

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 3 10:33:59 CDT 2004

Dear List:

I am trying to set a variable rpt to a sub report in a Public function (this is for purposes of translating the labels to a foreign language).  I am passing the report name to the function in the Report_Open event.

Setting it to the Main report is no problem.

Public Function TranslateControlReport(argReport As String) As Boolean

Dim rpt As Report

Set rpt = Reports(argReport)

works fine.

But in the _Open event of the sub-report when I pass the name of the sub-report to this routine I get a run time error 2451 - the report name you entered is misspelled or refers to a report that isn't open or doesn't exist.

I think it has to do with the fact that I'm only passing the sub-report name and have to qualify it with the Main report?  But I've tried several syntaxes with no luck.

Anybody know?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software