[AccessD] Stopping USB device through VBA (Cross posted)

dmcafee at pacbell.net dmcafee at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 11 11:27:34 CDT 2004

Does anyone know how to stop a USB device through VBA? I've created a little
database for my wife who is taking over 400 pictures today. Since the 128 MB
memory disk can only hold around 50 or so high quality pics and since my
newly purchased higher capacity memory stick hasn't arrived in the mail :( I
will need to have her move the pictures from the memory stick to laptop's
HDD several times. I can do the move/copy/delete through VBA, but one thing
I cant figure out is how to stop the USB device after the move is done so
she can safely remove the memory stick.

Currently I have to have her use the mouse and click on the green arrow on
the taskbar (W2K) near the clock. This laptop has a glide pad which is
difficult for her to use. Besides, it would be nice to have a button do the
whole operation from within the application.

Anyone have any ideas or sample code?

Thanks

David McAfee