[AccessD] OT? Getting Started

Mitsules, Mark S. (Newport News) Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Thu Jun 3 14:00:41 CDT 2004

I was in exactly the same boat as you 5 years ago as far as Access/VB/VBA
was concerned but I did have experience in other languages.  First, I think
most here might agree that getting a copy of Access (insert version here)
Developer's Handbook would be a good start, followed by a copy of VBA
Developer's Handbook.  Most reference books are updated and re-released upon
each version upgrade so keep that in mind if an upgrade is in your future.
Second, when the final database is delivered, take time to document the crap
out of it.  Make dated hard copies of every piece of code you can find and
put it away as your baseline.  Third, start keeping a favorites folder for
all the code snippet sites as you run across them (Candace Tripp's page will
give you a good start
http://www.candace-tripp.com/_pages/index_nonfl.asp?cat=acc ).  Fourth, we
have a few well-published authors on this list, and I believe they would be
well within their rights to give a brief plug regarding their books.  As for
any other recommendations unfortunately I can't really help...I learn best
when I'm faced with a problem to overcome...so necessity is what primarily
drives my learning.

Mark