[AccessD] combo box Limit to List question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 6 17:52:39 CDT 2004

Stuart -- that is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm glad someone else is
seeing the same behavior.

I can understand the limitation, I just think it's something that they could
clearly offer a workaround for.

Susan  H.

You must have a different MS Access to me then :-)

 Whenever I do that, the LimitToList is set automagically to Yes. When I try
to change it back to No, I get a very clearly explained error message:

"Microsoft Access can't set the LimitToList property to No right now.
The first visible column which is determined by the ColumnWidths property,
isn't equal to the bound column.
Adjust the ColumnWidths property first, then set the LimitToList property"

AFAIR, it's been the same for every version of Access over the last 10 years
up to and including A2K