[AccessD] FW: Message when automatically sending email

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Jun 10 17:12:50 CDT 2004

On 10 Jun 2004 at 13:51, Kaup, Chester A wrote:

> I have code set up to automatically email a report to another email
> user. It works fine but comes up with this message stating a program is
> trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow
> this? In the dialogue box are yes no and help buttons. Is there a way to
> suppress the massage and send it without getting the dialogue box and
> having to answer yes. Thanks for ideas.

That's the result of  the "Outlook Security Patch" included in Office 2K SP2
and above.

We've had a number of discussions about it in the past. There are several
options.

1.  Use a different email client instead of Outlook or OE.  There are of course
many other good reasons for following this path as well. A good free
alternative is Pegasus Mail.  http://www.pmail.com

2. Use Blat to send the message directly via SMTP, bypassing your mail client
http://www.geocities.com/toby_korn/blat/    (Free)

3. Use the Redemption dll.   http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/  ($200 for the
distributable version)

--