[AccessD] Importing data

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Mon Jun 14 11:18:10 CDT 2004

I do something similar loading budgets from identical spreadsheets into a
budget table. I have the code if you want it.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: JMoss [mailto:jmoss111 at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 3:18 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Importing data

Jim,

The import process is automatable with DoCmd.TransferText acImportFixed
along with a Import Specification Name, but I have only used this to do one
file at a time with identically named files.

I am going to have to start and automate something similar to this next week
with about 500 uniquely named, identically formatted spreadsheets from one
folder going into one table.