[AccessD] OT: Outlook XP picks up email left on server over andover and over...

Perry Harold pharold at proftesting.com
Tue Jun 15 12:45:16 CDT 2004

John

We use an ISP so I don't know how Exchange works on internal servers but
here's our scenario.

Email left on the server is still a new message.  Outlook looks for new
messages each time it's started.  So each time it's started if the messages
are still on the server it will pick up whatever is sitting there until the
selected wait time (3 days in your case) has passed.

I use 2 addresses - if I get something that should be kept I forward it to
the 2nd address.  Everything else gets deleted from the server when it's
downloaded the first time.  My main computer is then set to delete
everything from the server for both addresses when Outlook is running on it.
In this case it's important for Outlook to be closed on the main computer
when I'm away from my desk unless I don't want the messages to show up when
I log on from a different location.

I remember it being the same in 2K.

Perry Harold