[AccessD] How to set a value from one recordset as a parameter for a select statement that is source to another recordset

JMoss jmoss111 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 17 18:11:32 CDT 2004

Jim,

Thanks for your answer, but what I'm doing in using a distinct value
companyid from the first query which is the recordsource to a recordset
which I'm moving through one record at a time in an outer loop to supply the
parameter for the second recordset in an inner loop which has several
departments per companyid. Then I use the second recordset to populate and
build Excel spreadsheets via automation. Since I cant use a variable as a
parameter, I created a function to get the data and used the function as the
select's parameter. Anyway, it's working.

Jim