[AccessD] Cannot edit records in linked DQL table

Steve Conklin (Developer@UltraDNT) Developer at UltraDNT.com
Sat Jun 19 08:26:16 CDT 2004

This happens when Access doesn't "know" which field(s) is the primary
key/identity.  If you delete and re-link the table manually, after
choosing the appropriate ODBC connection, and then the table, Access
will ask you to select the field(s) that make up the PK. after doing
that, the table should be write-able.

Hth
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Martin
Kahelin
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 3:21 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Cannot edit records in linked DQL table

Can someone explain why some SQL table records linked to Access cannot
be edited or updated in open table view.  As soon as I try to make a
change I get a message that another user has the record open and it
won't allow saving the changed record.  I am the only user using both
Access and the SQL database.
I can make changes via query.
What changes do I need to make in either permissions, or ODBC data
source definitions.  Further info; we set up the SQL database and tables
ourselves - still testing.  No problems accessing, updating, adding or
deleting records in other databases on the SQL server.