[AccessD] For Money or Love

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 24 02:17:46 CDT 2004

Hi Arthur:

Is this true Arthur?! You are one of my favourite person's to argue with.

It seems programmers have a short lifespan; two of my closest friends,
programmers, who worked with me, in my company, both died suddenly, in the
last few years. Too much stress, too many long hours and weak
hearts...nearly lost another good friend before Christmas but he has managed
to turn things around; regular exercise and working no more than twenty
hours a week. I have, just tonight, agreed to fill in for him, for the
remaining required hours, working for this company.

Even though, I have no conditions, I am aware of, I will be limiting the
number of hours I work...sort of like a semi-retirement. We, my wife and I,
have been planning to do a little more traveling, visiting friends,
relatives or maybe go back to university...when you are working up to 18
hours a day it has been hard to have a social life.

Well Arthur, I hope you get a chance to do all the things you want to do. If
you have a hankering to travel and feel up to it, come out to coast (lotus
land) for a visit; the weather's great here and your always welcome.

Jim