[AccessD] Fw: Fax Message Received

O'Connor, Patricia Patricia.O'Connor at dfa.state.ny.us
Fri Jun 25 09:42:33 CDT 2004

Yep received that - maybe if they actually offered a workable virus
protection and used something good on their servers they would have less
problems.  Ever since they merged with AOL the spam I get from my RR
account is outrageous. I personally believe they are selling our email
addresses. I don't give out my RR account and the amount keeps climbing
every day. I have emailed them numerous times about it.  I also
suggested they take a look at yahoo and the ability to click a button
indicating a mail is SPAM - never ever heard a word back except for the
canned response.

Unless you want to spend days fixing your machine - DO NOT use the free
CA ez suite for firewall/antivirus offered by roadrunner.  If you do and
run into a problem do not expect an useable answer. I made the mistake
and spent 5 days stripping crap out of my machine and correcting the
registry.

Even though their firewall is zone alarm pro they did something to it. I
could not get at any of my secure sites. Did not matter whether it was
turned on or off. The antivirus portion was ok for awhile, then it would
not automatically update, then I could not manually download the files
from certain sites, then it screwed up some drivers. My machine got to
the point where I could only boot in safe mode (win 98).  Took
everything off, searched the registry and took out all references, and
had to download replacement drivers.  I emailed both RoadRunner and CA
with complaints with no response.

I went back to a previous version (4.8) of the basic zone alarm since za
v5 is having major problems. Then downloaded AVG for virus protection.
Happiness has returned to OConnor land.

Patti

*Patricia O'Connor
*Associate Computer Programmer Analyst