[AccessD] word automation not printing

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Mar 2 06:43:07 CST 2004

Folks,

I am using the following code to print an existing document using word
automation.  If I leave out the msgbox statement the document doesn't print.
It's almost as if the close happens before the print manages to get the
document out of word and into the print queue.  Has anyone seen this?  Any
suggestions?  The "Press any key" solution is unprofessional to say the
least.

Function PrintWordDoc(strFilePath As String, strFileName As String, intCnt
As Integer) As Boolean
On Error GoTo Err_PrintWordDoc
    Dim AppWord As Word.Application
    Dim lDoc As Word.Document
    Set AppWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    With AppWord
        .Visible = True
        .Documents.Open (strFilePath & strFileName)
        Set lDoc = .Documents(strFileName)
        lDoc.PrintOut , , , , , , , intCnt

	msgbox "Press any key to continue"

        .Quit savechanges:=False
    End With
    PrintWordDoc = True
Exit_PrintWordDoc:
On Error Resume Next
    Set lDoc = Nothing
    Set AppWord = Nothing
Exit Function
Err_PrintWordDoc:
        MsgBox Err.Description, , "Error in Sub basMailMerge.PrintWordDoc"
        Resume Exit_PrintWordDoc
    Resume 0    '.FOR TROUBLESHOOTING
End Function