[AccessD] A2K: Filtering a pick list

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Wed Mar 3 05:16:44 CST 2004

Hello all
I have a very large list box that lists all the products (in this case chairs) in a db
Each chair in tblChairs has many fields but in this case the ones I am interested
in are ChairID, SupplierID, BackTypeID, RangeID, StyleID

So on the same form as this very large list box of chairs, I have combo boxes -
yep you guessed it - 4 of 'em - cboSuppliers, cboBackTypes, cboRanges, cboStyleID

I wanna filter the large list box based on the values in all or any combination of the combo boxes.

EG
Say supplier 5 = Acme Manufacturing and in the whole dB there are 100 chairs made by Acme
Say of that 100 that Acme produce 38 of em have a Backtype of 2 (as in Low =1 medium=2 High=3 etc)

I would want the large list to instantly decrease to 100 items if I selected Acme from the Suppliers combo.
Then I would want that list to further decreas to 38 when I choose Medium back
PSUEDo = show me evert chair in the dB with supplier ID = 5 and BackType = 2
etc etc and then somehow accept the various combinations of combo choices.

Is there a clever or easy way of doing this without writing a zillion sql's then selecting the correct one
and making it the listbox row source? <yech>

Many thanks in advance

Darren