[AccessD] Accounting: digits only for account numbers?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Mar 8 11:24:23 CST 2004

Hi all

Some of you, I know, are quite experienced in accounting and/or
accounting systems.

Have any you encountered setups (for serious use) where literals were
not only allowed - they are quite often - but actually used in
building the chart of accounts for the general ledger?

I'm not thinking of setups where simple formatting of numbers could
do it, like:

  U0900-34.00
  U7301-22.01
  U8398-12.00

but something like this:

  KH43TBB
  KL43TBS
  M3799JH

Also, I'm not thinking of old legacy systems nor customer or part
numbers as you can meet everything possible here.

Slightly OT, I know, but where else to ask?

/gustav