[AccessD] RE: Detecting when an Access Report has been closed

Dick Abo orthorabod at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 11:30:06 CST 2004

Charlotte:

A few days ago I posted a question dealing with the detection of when an Access 2K generated reported has been closed by the user.  I was referred to the WithEvents keyword and sinking the close event of the report.  I've checked out some info in A2K on-line help and in the A97 ADH referencing the topic of the 'WithEvents' keyword.

The examples dealt with event sink classes for Microsoft Word and a 'frmWithEventsWatch' form. I'm not sure how automating to MS Word affects an Access generated report. It appears to be more in-depth that I would like to go at thie time.  I expect that this may be the only time that I will ever have to use this method.

I also attempted to search the archives using 'WITHEVENTS' as the search key, but I seemed to be unsuccessful at pulling up related examples and material.

Is there some sample code out there that deals with this topic and that doesn't get too deep?

Regards,

Rick Abo

Do you Yahoo!?