[AccessD] Execute stored query using ADO

O'Connor, Patricia Patricia.O'Connor at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Fri Mar 19 15:45:36 CST 2004

Hi all

I am attempting to set up a job stream in VBA. The first example works fine

	            strSql = "INSERT INTO TBL_EXPFSDT (EXPFS_BASE_DT)"
	            strSql = strSql & " VALUES (TO_DATE('" & dtNew & "',
'MM/DD/YYYY'))"
	            cmd.CommandText = strSql
	            cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn
	            cmd.CommandType = adCmdText
	            cmd.Execute lngAffected, , adExecuteNoRecords

Then next step is to execute a stored passthru query named
q01aCreateNycFsTable the following does not work
	        Set cmd = New ADODB.Command
	        cmd.ActiveConnection = cnn
	        cmd.CommandText = "q01aCreateNycFsTable"
	        cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
	        cmd.Execute lngAffected, , adExecuteNoRecords

This is driving me nuts, I have tried several other combinations. I have
other queries I wish to do the same thing but do not want to have to string
out like in first example - TOO long.

How do I run an access query using ADO or do I have to use DAO.

Thanks