List and Archive Details was (RE: [AccessD] Framework Discussion - Another poll)

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Wed Mar 24 13:47:18 CST 2004

The dba archives everything that makes it to the list. Everything. I
suppose if I knew Python I could hack the code and have it check for the
words "No Archive" and not archive it. Since I don't know Python, I
can't see it happening anytime soon :)

You should only have one issue, with your archive then.

The list software is set to strip ALL attachments and reduce HTML posts
to plain text.

ANd if someone has a word that is longer than 255 characters, they have
have more pressing issues than archiving it :-))

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca
Your neighbourhood listmaster at work.

>>> DWUTKA at marlow.com 24-Mar-04 2:12:36 PM >>>
I was JUST going to ask that.  I didn't know what the site was doing,
as far
as the 'new' archives.  My archives don't care what you put in your
posts.
It archives and indexes every message that comes through.

The only two issues with my archives are posts that come in as
attachments
(my code doesn't go through attachments, it's a pain), and if you have
words
that are more then 255 characters long. (Let's not try that, because I
would
just have to go in and delete the post.)

Drew