[AccessD] Printing BarCode readable labels

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Mar 26 23:58:52 CST 2004

On 29 Jan 2002 at 12:56, Stephen Bond wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience in Printing BarCode readable
> labels from Access?  Can you point me to some resources ...
> thanks.

I've done a bit.

For all you ever wanted to know about how barcodes are constructed
take a look at http://www.barcode-1.com

If you just want to create your own internal codes, you can just
instal a Code39 or Code128 font and create them very simply.
It's just a case of putting a text box in a report, setting the font
and doing a miminal amout of formatting.

If you want to use UPC or EAN  barcodes, it gets quite a bit more
tricky.  You can find some info about one system to do this at
http://www.idautomation.com/components.html

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg