[AccessD] Slow Forms

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Tue Mar 30 15:14:31 CST 2004

I need help with a form that opens very slowly.

Everything worked very quickly until I compacted and repaired the db.  After
compacting, this form will open slowly one time and then open quickly all
other times.  It will continue to open as I would expect it to until it is
compacted again.

However, if the app is made into an mde then it always opens slowly.

The form is based on a query.  There is a tab control on it.  One tab has
about 14 fields from the same recordsource as the main form.  The other
three tabs all have subforms based on queries.  2 of those queries have
fields that call functions to get their value.

All the queries and subforms open very quickly.  And if I delete the
subforms, the main form will always operate quickly.

I have imported into new db's.  I have completely rebuilt the main form.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting this thing?

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
phone: 812.523.1017