[AccessD] Frameworks, what are they?

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Mar 3 22:43:09 CST 2004

>In access (or other dev tool) the framework will mostly likely start with
standard forms/queries and tables that are in all apps you deploy - splash,
menu, maintenance tools (compact and repair, backup, etc),Sysvars like
tables.  It will also likely have forms and supporting tables and queries
for things that are used often.  Perhaps things like registration forms,
security, etc.

This is a perfect example of a different (from mine) equally valid
definition of a Framework.  It is really a different level of framework,
mine addresses  the structure of ANY form along with system services,
whereas this definition addresses common tools, or business objects.

Both of these concepts are useful, and are in no way exclusive of using the
other.