[AccessD] Add All to List

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 4 08:04:00 CST 2004

Is this combo bound to a nontext field?  If so then the first column
(column(0) must be a numeric value.  Furthermore the syntax

Me![cboNCSANo] MAY be correct but I don't think so.

It should be me!cboNCNSANo

The [] generally denotes a field and usually tells the compiler to try and
interpret whatever is between the [] as a field name.

In any event, whether or not the [] is legal, me!CtlName is definitely
valid.

Further if I'm not mistaken (assuming that column(0) of the combo is not
bound to a numeric field which by itself would be causing your problems)

The default property of a combo is column(0) which would contain the value
"*" so the case should be

	if me!CboNCSANo = "*" then
	else
	endif

You can make it unambiguous in any case by specifying the column you intend
to evaluate

	if me!CboNCSANo.column(0) = "*" then
	else
	endif

or

	if me!CboNCSANo.column(1) = "All" then
	else
	endif

FURTHER... the SQL statement has to use a LIKE instead of an =

      DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[NCSAID] LIKE " & str(Me![cboNCSANo])

The reason is that LIKE evaluates an * as a wildcard whereas = evaluates the
* literally, i.e. it would match any records with an asterisk in the field.

I don't think any of this has anything to do with your type mismatch though