[AccessD] Export to Mutiple Excel Sheets

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Mar 5 05:50:36 CST 2004

Hi Mark

A simple and reliable method is to create a template in Excel with the
two worksheets and no data but each with a Named Range for positioning
of your exported data.

When you wish to export, copy the template to create your empty
workbook and, from this, link the two Named Ranges to Access. Now your
two Named Ranges appear as tables where you can update or append but
not delete rows.

As Jürgen states, you can meet all sorts of troubles with formatting
and datatype selection in Excel. If this will be a problem, again the
Named Ranges are a big help as you can use automation to open the
worksheets and identify and (re)format the rows/columns of the Named
Ranges.

/gustav