[AccessD] Your favorite control behavior

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Sun Mar 7 00:53:53 CST 2004

I have a function called aaNotInList() which takes the same parms as the
NotInList function and adds two new ones -- the name of the form to open
when adding an item, and the "human" name of said entity, the latter
just to pretty up the messagebox that comes up. The functon asks if you
want to add a new "XXX" (4th parm) and if so opens the specified form,
which uses the typical code to hide itself on OK and close itself on
Cancel. Then the function does the usual "add to list and accept the
value" and closes the form. It works great but I still have to type in
that line of code every time I need one. Not that one line of code is a
major hassle, I guess, but can you think of a class-based way to do
this? It might be more fun to do it that way.

Arthur