[AccessD] Your favorite control behavior

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Mon Mar 8 00:53:30 CST 2004

I'm not sure exactly what point you're trying to make.

I don't imagine Access was ever really designed to be OO.   Why should they
have built in capabilities to make 'Java college graduates' less frustrated.
I would much rather them spend their available time fixing existing bugs and
improving more important features.

*If* they provide improved OO capabilities in future versions, I'm sure they
will provide interfaces for users who do not have OO skills to continue to
program in.

I've not yet looked into the new Office related .Net stuff but I'm sure it
partly serves this purpose.., from a distributed angle anyway (ie not from
the Access IDE)