[AccessD] Framework Discussion - Who's following this

Mcgillivray, Donald [ITS] donald.a.Mcgillivray at mail.sprint.com
Mon Mar 8 13:30:50 CST 2004

1) b
2) a/b
3) d

Huge thanks, John, for offering your expertise on this topic.  I'm
largely self-taught and am always paying attention to stuff that appears
on this list, gleaning whatever I can about methods, conventions, and
common practices.  My style has gone from "hugely undisciplined" to
"moderately more disciplined" thanks to the stuff I've picked up here.
I've been interested in learning and applying classes from the get-go,
but have found little in the available literature that is aimed at folks
with my background and skill level.  Most books I've seen give very
cursory coverage (basically mention that the functionality exists, but
don't say much about how to use it) and forget about MS "Help".  I'm
really jazzed to have access to solid explanations with useful examples
from an experienced expert.  Finally, I think I'll be able to get my
head around this stuff and put it to work.  Thanks!!

BTW, you obviously use a naming convention in your examples.  It would
be helpful to me (and perhaps to others who share my lack of formal
training) to understand what the different prefixes denote, so I can
better understand the distinctions between variables, etc..  Is the
convention your own, or is it based on some widely used standard that I
might study to get a better feel for it?  Any help in this area is
appreciated.

Don McGillivray