[AccessD] Your favorite control behavior

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 10 08:33:36 CST 2004

John,

  Here are some things that might go into your framework (apologies for any
repeats) off the top of my head.  Some are control specific and other are
general items:

  1. Clickable column headers to control sort order.
  2. Dynamic find capability based on currently selected column.
  3. A mover class (two list boxes to/from).
  4. Routine to populate a tree view control from a data source.
  5. Security at field/control level
  6. Popup calendar on date/time controls.
  7. Background/foreground highlight based on current control.
  8. Background row highlight in a continuous form.
  9. Save/restore of user preferences; position of forms, values in filters,
etc.
 10. Scalable resizing of forms.
 11. User activity tracking (objects used).

  Some of these are things I have done in Access, some come from things in
the ADH I've seen but never tried.  But all are things you might want to see
in a Framework from a development perspective for Access.

Jim
(315) 699-3443
jimdettman at earthlink.net