[AccessD] DependentObjects class

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Mar 10 23:39:38 CST 2004

On 11 Mar 2004 at 0:11, John W. Colby wrote:

> I am working on a dependentobjects class, i.e. a class with a collection
> which holds objects (classes) where the control or form is dependent on the
> current control.  Combo A changes.  Combo B uses Combo A to filter itself.
> Combo B is "dependent" on combo A and must be requeried whenever Combo A
> changes.
>
> This is a case where I programmed a solution working but it was ugly.  How
> would you solve this problem?

I doubt if I would do it with a class.

It's not *that* common a requirement and there are so many different
ways that you can end up with circular references,  CtlA - CtlB -
CtlC - CtlD...... CtlX - CtlC   etc  that trying to allow for them
would end up with such code bolat that the whole thing became
inefficient.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg