[AccessD] Access 2000 ADP's and DataSheet views - Crosspost

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Thu Mar 11 15:57:03 CST 2004

That's not really the problem tho I didn't know things got worse as you
upgraded down the MS Access path :(.

The problem occurs when you have for example Columns Priority, OnDate,
and Status, and you filter of any combination of the 3, in order to get
your view of the subset down.

When you then turn around and want to modify data in either one of the
filtered/sorted columns, the Datasheet proceeds to drop the filter and
sort dumping you out of your filter and previously set sort.

however if you sort on a set of fields (mirrors)
(sproc looks like this:
Select
  Priority As SortPriority,
  Priority,
  OnDate AS SortOnDate,
  OnDate,
  Status AS SortOnStatus,
  Status
 From Table1
)

now you can use the Sort columns to filter and sort w/o loosing your
filter and sort settings in the datasheet.  my current workaround is to
lock out the sort columns and remember NOT to try to type into them
:)... this totaly bites, but it's Access2000 SR1a of course there's
gonna be bugs. :(

--
-Francisco