[AccessD] Run a report "invisibly"

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Mar 12 19:32:26 CST 2004

On 12 Mar 2004 at 12:49, Barbara Ryan wrote:

> Mark... is the "print to file" option available in Access 97?  Sorry, I'm
> not familiar with it......Thanks, Barb

It's an OS thing, not an Access thing.

Just set up a new printer (use any driver you want  - the
Generic/Text one is as good as any) and configure it to use
FILE: (Print to File) as it's port.

Or better still, you  can "Add port" and put in a filename as the
port.

Then set your report to use that specific printer. If you specify
FILE: as the port, you will get a prompt appears asking you to supply
a filename. If you set a filename  as a port when you set up the
printer, the report will be printed to the file without requiring any
user action.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg