[AccessD] Access 2003 Developer Edition?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 17 12:42:16 CST 2004

You may have one other choice.

I might be tempted to use SageKey MSI scripts rather than Wise,
especially with the newer security on systems like
WinXP SP2 (due out in summer) or Win 2003. It might make it easier to do
a user install, rather than having to do an administrative one.
Or even an install for running via Terminal Server. I am guessing here
but a phone call to SageKey might resolve that one.

SageKey MSI installs are available back to Access97, however with older
OS systems you may have to upgrade the MSI installer to version 2.0???
The MSI install would perhaps save you the price of Wise.

You could use the Package Wizard but will it get you around the problem
of multiple Access installs?  The BIG problem
maybe that the Package Wizard requires a purchased security certificate
to get around macro security. I am not sure the roll your own
certificate method works, Sagekey Access 2003 MSI or Wise Scripts don't
need this. But you may still need Wise with MSI, if you are installing
complex OCX or dll files.
This is real swings and merrygoround stuff.

One advantage of buying Access 2003 VSTO is it includes VB.Net Pro, SQL
Server 2000 Developer
and the VS add-ins to create managed code projects for Word and Excel
and  three other Access developer add-ins.

You can buy the VSTO upgrade if you have Access Developer 97 and up for
$200 US
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/officetools/