[AccessD] zip/unzip

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 18 20:02:05 CST 2004

OK, I got it working.  It was page faulting because I wasn't setting up
required properties before trying the zip, little things like the name of
the zip file, the name of the object to zip etc.  Once I set those
properties, it works fine.  The zipped file can be read by Winzip.  Cool
stuff and will be part of the next framework demo article I'm working on
tonight.

>Ah, that jiggles some demagnetized memory bits!

You my dear friend are OLD it would seem.  Are you by any chance referring
to core memory?  I actually worked on computers with core memory back in my
Navy days.  Massive Sperry Univac 642/B refrigerator sized "mainframes", 36
bit with 32 kwords of core memory and a lightening fast 4 microsecond
instruction time (256 k instructions / second).

I put them in System32 and the app page faults and closes Access if I try
and run the zip stuff/

Ah, that jiggles some demagnetized memory bits!

I think thats the ticket, John