[AccessD] zip/unzip

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Mar 19 07:19:52 CST 2004

I don't reference it at all, the zip / unzip code just uses the dll.  It's
all magic to me.

The code for a form that uses it with a button that zips a file (hard coded
filename):

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

'Create a variable to hold the zip class
Dim fclsZip As dclsZip

Private Sub Form_Close()
    'cleanup the pointer to the class
    Set fclsZip = Nothing
End Sub

    'setup a pointer to the class
    Set fclsZip = New dclsZip
End Sub

Private Sub cmdZipTheFile_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdZipTheFile_Click
    fclsZip.ZipFile = CurrentProject.Path & "\" &
"TextZipDemoCtlClassV2.Zip"
    fclsZip.AddFileSpec CurrentProject.Path & "\" & "DemoCtlClassV2.mdb"
    fclsZip.Zip
Exit_cmdZipTheFile_Click:
Exit Sub
Err_cmdZipTheFile_Click:
        MsgBox Err.Description, , "Error in Sub
Form_frmDemoZip.cmdZipTheFile_Click"
        Resume Exit_cmdZipTheFile_Click
    Resume 0    '.FOR TROUBLESHOOTING
End Sub

That code works.  If you fail to specify the "ZipFile" or the "AddFileSpec"
the application page faults.  There is NO error handling or checking of any
kind inside the zip code.  8-(